top of page

What do you need to prepare my individual tax return?

January 16, 2013 By admin

  1. Completed New Client Information Form

  2. Completed Individual Tax Organizer Letter Form 1040

  3. If not prepared by Moss & Riggs, PLLC, your prior three years of tax returns

  4. All Forms W-2 for wages, salary and tips

  5. All Forms 1099 for interest, dividends, retirement, miscellaneous income, Social Security, state or local refunds, stock sales, gambling winnings, etc.

  6. Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, etc.

  7. Basis information for the sale of any stock

  8. Schedules K-1 from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts

  9. Statements supporting deductions for mortgage interest, taxes and charitable contributions (including any Form 1098-C) and documentation required for charitable contributions

  10. Copies of closing statements (Form HUD-1) regarding the sale or purchase of real property.

  11. Legal papers for adoption, divorce, or separation involving custody of your dependent children.

  12. Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority

  13. Vehicle Questionnaire for business use of vehicles

  14. A copy of your Mileage Log(s) for business use of vehicles

Print a copy of this check list checklist (PDF)

Locust Hill, VA

P (804) 758-0526  F (804) 758-9511

Williamsburg, VA

P (757) 903-4403  F (757) 903-2477

Gloucester, VA

P (804) 654-8486  F (804) 758-9511

bottom of page